If you, like me, have short legs (and a long torso, in my case. Yes, it's ridiculous, and something Jarv takes great pleasure in teasing me about when I wear flats. "Awww, look at your little legs!"), you'll probably know the basic rules for elongating your lower body - nude heels, high-waisted shorts, etc. Personally, I don't think high-waisted shorts look good on me. I think I have one pair lying about somewhere, forgotten at the bottom of a pile in my drawer. I always feel a bit like I'm wearing a diaper with high-waisted shorts. Is it just me?Instead, these are my top five items to wear to elongate the legs:
1. A very comfortable, perfectly angled wedge. I know, I know; really? A clunky chunk of wedge? The trick is to find one that not only gives you a good few inches of height, but also angles your foot so that you don't look like you're standing on your tiptoes, but your foreleg and ankles are given a slimmer appearance.
2. A maxi skirt or maxi dress. One with a slit works perfectly - paired with heels, the occasional peek of side leg is not only sexy but the flash of flesh when all else is covered up screams "legs, legs, legs!" A maxi skirt that can sit a little higher on your waist is ideal, to give the impression of alllll leg underneath that skirt.
3. A jumpsuit that draws in high on the waist. A one-piece is the ideal selection that alludes to longer legs, particularly one that cinches in higher up - between the waist and breastbone.
4. Black skinny trousers and a tucked in blouse. Black hides a multitude of imperfections. The right pair of black skinnies (and a blouse tucked in, or at least partially tucked - long tops that drape down past your butt will only serve to emphasise short legs, especially if you're in flats) makes for a great trick of the eye. Tip: wear black boots/heels with the trousers to create an even longer, fluid line.
5. Wide-legged trousers. It's pretty much the same principal as the maxi skirt - with all that beautiful material (and a pair of heels underneath), wide-legged trousers (especially pairs that go PAST your feet and skim the floor) are an excellent option if you're lacking in the 'long-legged gazelle' department. I'm on the hunt for the perfect white or nude pair for this summer!
Would you agree? Do you use any other tricks?